Creamy Chocolate Bars – Bloggers- and a Beagle

Who blogs? What is a blog? Why blog?  B L  O G…hmmm –  If you say it out loud it’s kinda funny…blog.  I must confess I asked all these questions and more.  Like, “Why am I doing this?”, “Does this even matter?”, “Why am I writing this if nobody is even going to read it?”—until…someone commented on my blog.  Then the questions became, “Why does this make me so happy?”, “Is it crazy that I get so excited when I get a new follower?” I have a counter on the blog now and I am fascinated to see how many people are reading my blog.  Who are you?  How did you find me?
Why don’t you leave a comment?  And now it’s become somewhat of an addiction – borderline obsession, okay who am I kidding ?  I’m hooked – I am a blogger-addict.
I have met some great new friends here in my little blogger world, bakers-cooks-chefs-food stylists.  One of my new friends that I enjoy chatting with is Heidi from Heidi Bakes.  She tempts me weekly with sticky, gooey, sugary sweet treats.  This week she baked something that I just couldn’t resist, Creamy Chocolate Streusel Bars.  Chocolate bars filled with …what?… cheesecake, that’s  right I said it, cheesecake.  These bars came out of the oven smelling like a vanilla chocolate cheesecake, can you smell it?  I chilled these all afternoon and then I was ready to photograph these little darlings when tragedy struck.  The door bell rang and I stepped away.  Daisy, my fat beagle gobbled up the entire plate.  I think this was a blessing in disguise because I would have eaten the whole batch myself.  You can find the recipe for these and many other delectable desserts at Heidi Bakes.  The only thing I changed on the recipe was I added 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the dry ingredients,  1/4 teaspoon of salt to the cream cheese mixture and I used pecans.

• Cooking with Kait June 10, 2010, 3:02 pm

Hi Louise, these chocolate bars look amazing. I can see why you couldn't resist making them. Love the photo of the puppy!

• Heidi June 10, 2010, 8:14 pm

Daisy is a doll! I can't believe she scarfed down a bunch of your chocolate bars! Yikes! Hopefully she didnt get sick from the chocolate. What a cute story. And of course, your photos are awesome. Your bars look different than mine. Isn't that funny, we follow the same recipe but the results look different. You have the addition of pecans on yours which probably gives them a whole different taste & texture. I'm glad you liked them. Hmmm?? What to make next….

• Christina D. June 10, 2010, 11:55 pm

Your bars look perfect! Cheesecake is my ultimate weakness; I can't wait to make these. Hopefully some will make it to work so my husband and I don't eat them all ourselves.

• Kathie June 11, 2010, 1:44 am

Hi! I found your site through a link from pinchmysalt.com where she discusses making your blueberry orange cornmeal pancakes. Can't wait to make them myself…

Love your blog and look forward to more! Tex says hi to Daisy. 🙂

• Nicole Schwartz June 11, 2010, 1:59 pm

Louise- Love you blog and Heidi's too!! The pecan cheesecake bars look amazing. I love pecans but they can get me into trouble to many in my mouth then in the recipe.

Anything Cheesecake with chocolate is a great combination. I hope your doggie did not get to sick. What a cutie. I understand the blogging addiction. Just started and I am always thinking about it… well not as much as my 7 month old.
    Have a great weekend.

• gibknitty June 11, 2010, 5:18 pm

My mouth literally watered when I looked at the photos of your bars. I can't believe that little cutie ate them all!