Nothing is tastier at a cocktail party than great finger foods and cold cocktails. A big bowl of roasted nuts are the perfect do-ahead, easy appetizer for entertaining. When hosting a party, give yourself a break and choose menu items that can be prepared ahead of time. You will thank yourself when you aren’t running around in the kitchen, but instead, enjoying your guests. These roasted nuts have a gourmet flavor but are very simple to prepare.
They have a salty, lemony, addictive taste that your guests will leave your guests begging for the recipe. This appetizer would pair nicely with sliced apples and a wedge of blue cheese. Another great accompaniment would be a jar or prepared roasted red peppers, crackers, and an herbed log of goat cheese. Caramelized onions with toasty bread always seem to be a crowd pleaser, and also can be served at room temperature.
What to serve with these toasty little guys? Champagne of course!
Roasted Nuts with Lemon, Rosemary, and Sea Salt
4 Cups of roasted unsalted nuts
2 Tablespoons of butter
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
Zest of 2 lemons
1-2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small sauté pan melt the butter and warm the olive oil.
- Add in the lemon zest and rosemary, and stir to combine.
- Place the nuts in a small Mason Cash mixing bowl, and pour the butter mixture over the top.
- Stir to combine the nuts with the butter and olive oil mixture, and sprinkle.
- Lay the nuts out evenly onto a lined baking sheet sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Place into the oven and roast for 15-20 or until nuts are golden brown and fragrant.